Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)?
- Ron Perron Mil/Gov Call Sign - Update 1 June 2018
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes: Updated 24 July 2019
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- The Milcom MT Files (1998-2013) Articles Index
- The Spectrum Monitor e-Zine Milcom Column Index - Update 7 Oct 2019
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 23 April 2019
- COTHEN HF Network – Update 23 September 2019
Thursday, February 08, 2007
F-15s kept 'eye on the sky' during Super Bowl
2/7/2007 - HOMESTEAD AIR RESERVE BASE, Fla. (AFNEWS) -- In the days leading up to Super Bowl XLI, Airmen from the Florida Air National Guard's 125th Fighter Wing at Jacksonville were ready to switch on engine power to their fighter aircraft in an instant.
While thousands of fans streamed into Miami, the wing's F-15 Eagles stepped up patrols, flying low-level patrols over local airports and Dolphin Stadium.
"Miami is one of the most heavily populated areas in the southeast," said Lt. Col. John Black an alert pilot assigned to the 125th FW. "With the Super Bowl, we just want to make sure we have the right things in place -- to take care of our people."
The alert mission allowed nearly 150 million spectators to keep an eye on the game Feb. 4, as the 125th FW Airmen kept an eye on the sky.
"Any time you can do something that makes sure our country continues to operate the way it is supposed to, it's good to be a part of that," Colonel Black said.
The U.S. Air Force Air Demonstration Squadron, the Thunderbirds, flew over the stadium at the completion of the national anthem at the Super Bowl. The team was also recognized on the pre-game show and during the game.
And here are a few of the many frequencies monitored during the Super Bowl and thanks to our South Florida Monitoring Team who forwarded their intercept info from the event.
139.825 PITMAN CAP Interplane (20FW/55FS Shaw AFB, SC)
143.850 Thunderbirds Flight Demo Group (AM)
235.250 Thunderbirds Flight Demo Group (AM)
260.900 NORAD CAP
279.550 Homestead Tower
291.600 Miami ARTCC Center (Pahokee RCAG)
307.100 Miami ARTCC Center (Pahokee RCAG)
320.600 NORAD CAP Aerial Refueling
345.000 US Coast Guard Primary
354.100 Miami Approach Control
413.275 Thunderbirds Comm Cart at Stadium (DCS 431)
And remember the March 2007 Monitoring Times magazine is in final production and it will include my new 8th annual air show guide, articles on attending/monitoring the Andrews AFB air show, and an exclusive look at the 193rd SOW. This issue always sells out so you might want to get your subscription started right now so you don't miss this or any other issue of Monitoring Times - the world's No. 1 radio hobby monitoring magazine.