Saturday, April 21, 2007

DXTuners - RIP

Editor's Note: It is with great saddness that I make this post to the blog about the closing of the DXTuners service on the internet. I have been a longtime user of this excellent service. Its closing is truly a big loss to the radio listening hobby. If you have never used this network of worldwide receivers, you missed an exciting part of the hobby that is now apparently gone forever. DXTuners provided me with countless hours of listening to all sorts of stations (analog and DRM, broadcast and utility), and some neat programs and transmissions that could not be heard here in the U.S., or at signal levels that would give me armchair copy.

To Kelly and all the hobbyists who provided their time, knowledge and equipment - 73 and farewell. May you always have fair skies and following seas.

So here is the message you get now when you click on the DXTuners link http://www.dxtuner.com/.





Ystad, Sweden, 20 april 2007

Dear subscribers and guests. For the last 10 years I have been presenting Web Controlled receivers here at DxTuners.

I have worked constantly to maintain and supervise this network together with my dedicated crew who has put so much effort into it.

Regretfully, recently due to other business and personal commitments, I am unable to dedicate as much time or find as much inspiration as before in running the network and it is with much sadness and sincere regret that I have decided to wind up my business over here.

This has been a very difficult and emotional decision for me to take, having made many friends over the years, but after a good 20 years in the IT-business I feel the time is right to move on and try something else.

I have been trying to find other solutions to continue running DxTuners but I have found it too complex for anyone else to run without my help.

I would like to thank all my friends, subscribers and especially my dedicated crew who supported me over the years. I could not have done it without you guys.

Thank you all

Kelly Lindman