Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)?
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 29 Jun 2017
- COTHEN Net - Update 17 Jan 2018
- Ron Perron Mil/Gov Call Sign - Update September 2017
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- The Milcom MT Files - (1998-2013) Articles Index
Friday, October 09, 2009
USS Hawes Returns From Deployment
By Mass Communication Specialist 2nd Class Santos Huante, Navy Public Affairs Support Element, Norfolk
NORFOLK, Va. (NNS) -- The Norfolk-based guided-missile frigate USS Hawes (FFG 53) returned to its homeport of Naval Station Norfolk, Va., Oct. 7 following a six-month deployment.
Hawes had been deployed to the Carribbean and Western Atlantic in support of Operation Carib Venture. This homecoming marks the completion of Hawes' first counter narcotics deployment to the U.S. Southern Command area of operations.
While in the 4th Fleet area of operations, Hawes performed detection, interdiction and support operations resulting in the seizure of 200 barrels of cocaine.
"We are in our backyard stopping drugs from coming into our streets, so you feel the importance of what we are doing as a mission," said Cmdr. Kristin Jacobsen, commanding officer.
Jacobsen said morale on board was high throughout the deployment due to the importance of the ship's mission.
"We are stopping the financing of a lot of terrorism," Jacobsen said and continues, "we are doing something important that's tangible, stopping specifically [narcotics] from coming into the U.S."
Hawes also participated in several multinational exercises with naval forces from Great Britain, Canada, Netherlands, France, Trinidad and Tobago (Coast Guard), Barbados and Colombia.