Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)?
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 29 Jun 2017
- COTHEN Net - Update 18 Nov 2017
- Ron Perron Mil/Gov Call Sign - Update September 2017
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
New Milsatcom transponders active in Europe
Ronald Rensen, in The Netherlands, reported the follwoing to the Hearsat newsgroup.
Three COMSATBw-1 UHF tpx's seem to have changed. Below the tpx's that are currently active:
248.175 (was 249.400)
251.775 (was 250.900)
255.500 (was 255.775)
MilSat Services GmbH, a company set up by EADS SPACE Services and ND SatCom, will provide the German Bundeswehr's satellite communications system SatcomBW Step 2. The Federal Office for Information Management and Information Technology of the Bundeswehr (IT-AmtBw) and MilSat Services signed a contract in Koblenz, Germany on Wednesday. The contract became valid after the German budget 2006 has been enacted. The satellites in the SatcomBw-2 system are called COMSATBw 1 and 2
With the SATCOMBw programme, the German Armed Forces will have a secure information network for use by units on deployed missions. This will allow voice and fax as well as advanced data, video and multimedia applications. For the first time the Bundeswehr will have a secure communications system with dedicated military communications satellites. The entire system is due to start regular operation in the year 2009 and will constitute an important step in the implementation of the Bundeswehr concept for network-centric operations.
Along with the in-orbit delivery of two communications satellites for operations in military frequencies (SHF/UHF), the SatcomBw Stage 2 contract includes their operation, the delivery of a comprehensive ground user terminal segment and upgrading the network management centre already installed with the Bundeswehr. MilSat Services GmbH will also provide the Bundeswehr with commercial transmission capacities using Intelsat satellites and anchoring services thanks to new large ground stations.