Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)?
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 29 Jun 2017
- COTHEN Net - Update 17 Jan 2018
- Ron Perron Mil/Gov Call Sign - Update September 2017
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- The Milcom MT Files - (1998-2013) Articles Index
Tuesday, September 10, 2013
UNITAS Kicks Off in Colombia
This year's exercise is hosted by the Colombian navy and will include 19 warships that will conduct operations in the Western Caribbean Sea through Sept. 15.
Observers from Belize, El Salvador, Germany, Jamaica, Panama and Mexico are also participating in the exercise.
UNITAS is intended to train participating forces in a variety of maritime scenarios to test command and control of forces at sea while operating as a multinational force to provide the maximum opportunity to improve interoperability.
"While the overarching goal of the exercise is to develop and test command and control of forces at sea, training in this exercise will address the spectrum of maritime operations," said Rear Adm. Sinclair M. Harris, the U.S. 4th Fleet commander.
UNITAS develops and sustains relationships that improve the capacity of U.S. and partner nation maritime forces through complex and comprehensive multinational training at sea.
"Specifically, there will be high-end warfare scenarios addressing electronic warfare, anti-air warfare and air defense, anti-submarine warfare, anti-surface warfare, and maritime interdiction operations," Harris said.
The training focuses on developing coalition building, multilateral security cooperation, promoting tactical interoperability and friendship, professionalism and mutual understanding among the participating partner nations.
The next UNITAS exercise is scheduled for spring 2014.