Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)?
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 21 Sep 2016
- COTHEN Net - Update 18 September 2016
- Ron Perron Mil/Gov Call Sign - Update 1 Jun 2016
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
Saturday, December 06, 2014
USS Vicksburg Deploys to Support NATO
By Lt. j.g. Timothy Dover, USS Vicksburg Public Affairs
MAYPORT, Fla. (NNS) -- Ticonderoga class guided-missile cruiser USS Vicksburg (CG 69) departed Naval Station Mayport Dec. 4 to relieve USS Leyte Gulf (CG 55) later this month as the Standing NATO Maritime Group 2 flagship and to support theater security cooperation efforts in Europe.
The crew recently participated in Joint Warrior 14-2, a United Kingdom (UK)-led multinational exercise in UK coastal waters. The training is designed to provide allied forces a multiwarfare environment to prepare for global operations.
"The crew has worked extremely hard to prepare this ship for deployment," said Capt. Lyle Hall, Vicksburg commanding officer. "I am very proud of their commitment to this ship and to the mission ahead. They have always gone above and beyond at each and every turn."
Before deploying, Vicksburg also participated in the USS Iwo Jima (LHD 7) Amphibious Ready Group (ARG)/24th Marine Expeditionary Unit's (MEU) Composite Training Unit Exercise, a highly successful missile exercise.
During this exercise, the crew earned their Independent Deployer Certification, which assesses a ship's capabilities to function at tactical and operational levels.
Commissioned Nov. 12, 1992, the ship was named for both the Battle of Vicksburg, fought during the American Civil War, and the city of Vicksburg, Mississippi.
Commander, Standing NATO Maritime Group 2 Rear Adm. Brad Williamson and staff will embark their new flagship, Vicksburg, to continue support of NATO counter-terrorism Operation Active Endeavour and additional NATO tasking.