Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)?
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 29 Jun 2017
- COTHEN Net - Update 18 Oct 2017
- Ron Perron Mil/Gov Call Sign - Update September 2017
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
Tuesday, August 01, 2017
HF Aero OR Spectrum Hole - 8986 kHz
I have been working on military and federal spectrum holes for years in my old Monitoring Times Milcom column and via post on this blog. For the most part this involved the VHF/UHF military and federal spectrum here in the United States.
Now I have uncovered my first HF military frequency spectrum hole -- 8986.0 kHz. Based on the known U.S. DoD Aero Off Route band plan, this should be a U.S. Air Force assignment.
If you monitor anything on this frequency I would appreciate any confirmed intercepts on this frequency sent to the email address in the masthead.