Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)?
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 29 Jun 2017
- COTHEN Net - Update 5 Jan 2018
- Ron Perron Mil/Gov Call Sign - Update September 2017
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- The Milcom MT Files - (1998-2013) Articles Index
Friday, July 08, 2011
Civil Air Patrol Nationwide Exercise Starts Today
The USAF Civil Air Patrol auxiliary service will be conducting a nationwide communications exercise starting today and will last through the weekend until July 12. I have posted some background on this last month on this blog at
From one public website:
"Constant Watch Communications Exercise: Significant investment has been made into CAP’s communications infrastructure in recent years, including HF-ALE. Constant Watch is an exercise being held 8-12 July to test our HF capabilities, and learn as much as we can so that we can improve our systems and techniques. All wings are expected to participate in this exercise, and we look forward to seeing the results."
I fully expect the National HF ALE net (NCN) and regional nets to be hopping the next four days.
Courtesy of Monitoring Times magazine, from my July 2011 MT Milcom column:
CAP National Command ALE Network: 2011.0 3204.0 4477.0 5006.0 6806.0 7602.0 8012.0 9047.0 10162.0 11402.0 12081.0 13415.0 14357.0 15602.0 17412.0 19814.0 25354.0 29894.0 kHz.
If you are an MT subscriber and want to monitor the regional nets, I have a list of the known regional CAP nets that I have uncovered in the July Milcom column mentioned above. July is available for sale on select newsstands right now.