Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)?
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 29 Jun 2017
- COTHEN Net - Update 18 Oct 2017
- Ron Perron Mil/Gov Call Sign - Update September 2017
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
Thursday, May 12, 2011
George H.W. Bush Strike Group to Deploy
The George H.W. Bush Carrier Strike Group (GHWB CSG) will depart for its maiden combat deployment May 11.
The strike group, which includes the Navy's newest aircraft carrier USS George H.W. Bush (CVN 77), is scheduled to conduct operations in the U.S. 5th and 6th Fleet areas of responsibility.
This deployment is part of an ongoing rotation of U.S. forces supporting maritime security operations in international waters around the globe. Working with allied and partner maritime forces, GHWB CSG units will focus heavily on maritime security operations and theater security cooperation efforts which help establish conditions for regional stability.
"The George H.W. Bush Strike Group is ready to go," said Rear Adm. Nora Tyson, commander, GHWB CSG. "These Sailors have worked extremely hard over the last year, and we are fully prepared to execute any and all tasking in support of the nation's Maritime Strategy."
The five ships and eight aircraft squadrons of GHWB CSG consist of approximately 6,000 Sailors who have spent the last year conducting intensive training and certification exercises to establish a safe, cohesive organization capable of performing a wide variety of missions across the globe, ranging from anti-piracy and ground support operations to humanitarian assistance and disaster relief.
The George H.W. Bush Strike Group is made up of Carrier Strike Group (CSG) 2, the Norfolk-based USS George H.W. Bush (CVN 77), Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 8, Destroyer Squadron (DESRON) 22 staff, guided-missile cruisers USS Gettysburg (CG 64) based at Naval Station Mayport, Fla., Norfolk-based USS Anzio (CG 68), and Norfolk-based guided-missile destroyers USS Truxtun (DDG 103) and USS Mitscher (DDG 57).