Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)?
- Ron Perron Mil/Gov Call Sign - Update 1 June 2018
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes: Updated 24 July 2019
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- COTHEN HF Network – Update 2 April 2020
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 23 April 2019
- The Spectrum Monitor e-Zine Milcom Column Index - Update 7 Oct 2019
- The Milcom MT Files (1998-2013) Articles Index
Saturday, May 14, 2011
Kearsarge ARG Almost Home
NORFOLK (NNS) -- Kearsarge Amphibious Ready Group (ARG) ships are scheduled to return to Naval Station Norfolk May 16, following an extended deployment.
Kearsarge ARG, deployed Aug. 27, 2010, a month earlier than scheduled, to deliver humanitarian assistance to Pakistan in the wake of flooding that devasted that country.
Following the relief efforts, Kearsarge ARG/26th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) team conducted maritime security operations in the U.S. 5th and 6th Fleet areas of responsibility and supported missions in Afghanistan and over Libya.
Kearsarge ARG is led by Commander, Amphibious Squadron 4, and is comprised of Norfolk-based amphibious assault ship USS Kearsarge (LHD 3) and amphibious transport dock ship USS Ponce (LPD 15); and dock landing ship USS Carter Hall (LSD 50) homeported at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek - Fort Story, Va. Also attached to the ARG are Fleet Surgical Team 6, Tactical Air Control Squadron 21-det. 1, Assault Craft Unit 4, Beach Master Unit 2 detachments.