Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)?
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 29 Jun 2017
- COTHEN Net - Update 29 Nov 2017
- Ron Perron Mil/Gov Call Sign - Update September 2017
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- The Milcom MT Files - (1998-2013) Articles Index
Thursday, October 17, 2013
USS Spruance Departs for Maiden Deployment
Spruance is a multi-mission ship designed to operate independently or with an associated strike group. While deployed, Spruance will conduct Theatre Security Cooperation and maritime presence operations with partner nations.
"It is with great pride that we set sail after four years of hard work and effort to bring this ship to life," said Cmdr. George Kessler, Spruance commanding officer. "Although, it is with a heavy heart that we leave family, friends, and loved ones, I can think of no group of men and women with whom I would rather go to sea."
Spruance is the latest in the line of Arleigh Burke-Class Destroyers and was named in honor of Adm. Raymond A. Spruance, commander of Task Force 16 at the Battle of Midway in World War II, and leader of many of the pivotal naval battles that won the war in the Pacific. The ship helps provide deterrence, promote peace and security and preserve freedom of the seas when deployed.
U.S. 3rd Fleet leads naval forces in the Eastern Pacific from the West Coast of North America to the international date line and provides the realistic, relevant training necessary for an effective global Navy.