Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)?
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 27 Nov 2016
- COTHEN Net - Update 26 November 2016
- Ron Perron Mil/Gov Call Sign - Update 1 Jun 2016
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
Friday, November 15, 2013
Joint Base Andrews AFB Air Show Cancelled for 2014
According to a news report on WMAL-AM 630 this morning, the May 2014 Air Show at the Joint Base Andrews AFB has been cancelled due to sequestration budget cuts. Officials say they don't know when to expect the next one.
Andrews Spokesman Eric Sharman told WMAL the base prepared for the effects of sequestration back in 2012 and implemented an every-other-year schedule, but they were not expecting further cuts by the Department of Defense.
As reported on this blog last month's funding for outreach activities, including the air shows, was cut by an additional 45 percent by DoD.