- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes
- What is an Emergency Action Message or EAM?
- US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) COTHEN Net - Latest Updated 9 April 2015
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- Fleetsatcom System
- UFO Milsat Program
- US Navy Aircraft Modex Numbers
- Monitoring the U.S. Air Force Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary
- Ron Perron Military/Government Call Sign 9-30-2014...
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline and Select Military Cal...
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Latest Update 27 Feb 2015
- Teak Publishing Radio Hobby e-Book Catalog Updated -10 April 2015
Friday, November 15, 2013
Joint Base Andrews AFB Air Show Cancelled for 2014
According to a news report on WMAL-AM 630 this morning, the May 2014 Air Show at the Joint Base Andrews AFB has been cancelled due to sequestration budget cuts. Officials say they don't know when to expect the next one.
Andrews Spokesman Eric Sharman told WMAL the base prepared for the effects of sequestration back in 2012 and implemented an every-other-year schedule, but they were not expecting further cuts by the Department of Defense.
As reported on this blog last month's funding for outreach activities, including the air shows, was cut by an additional 45 percent by DoD.