Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)?
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 28 Feb 2018
- COTHEN Net - Update 21 March 2018
- Ron Perron Mil/Gov Call Sign - Update September 2017
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- The Milcom MT Files (1998-2013) Articles Index
- The Spectrum Monitor e-Zine Milcom Column Index
Monday, March 14, 2016
A DoD E-6B TACAMO used a most unsual radio call word last week!
According to Mode-S intercepts from the Live Mode-S network, yesterday an E-6B Mercury TACAMO (serial number 162784) aircraft departed from Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska, early yesterday morning and flew south over central U.S at over 20,000 feet towards Arkansas/Texas.
Based on the information gathered by Live Mode-S and Planefinder.net, both of which I feed via my ADS-B station, the E-6B was using the call word - TRUMP - for their Mode-S call. Here are the Mode-S intercepts courtesy of the Live Mode-S ADS-B network.
AE040F 162784 TRUMP 2016-03-13 13:20:32 E-6B United States USN | SCW-1 [KTIK] Marvell, AR, US --- 29000
AE040F 162784 TRUMP 2016-03-13 17:23:45 E-6B United States USN | SCW-1 [KTIK] Abilene, TX, US --- 26000
AE040F 162784 TRUMP 2016-03-13 18:02:43 E-6B United States USN | SCW-1 [KTIK] Dardanelle AR, USA --- 28975
AE040F 162784 TRUMP 2016-03-13 19:31:59 E-6B United States USN | SCW-1 [KTIK] Dallas, TX 2650 20175
AE040F 162784 TRUMP 2016-03-13 23:44:25 E-6B United States USN | SCW-1 [KTIK] Dallas, TX 2650 20175
AE040F 162784 TRUMP 2016-03-14 02:36:46 E-6B United States USN | SCW-1 [KTIK] Benbrook, TX, US --- 26000
Was the use of the TRUMP call word triggered by some of the weekend bare knuckled political activity we saw on the Presidential campaign trail? Not hardly. The call word was actually used earlier in the week on Tuesday, 8 March as indicated by this entry below.
AE040F 162784 TRUMP 2016-03-08 08:12:30 E-6B United States USN | SCW-1 [KTIK] Abilene KS, US --- ---
So will we see any other candidates pop up as call words onboard the DoD ABNCP? Is Trump really part of the AFKAI-1/VCSL-1 pub where these daily tac call words come from? Only time and monitoring will tell for sure. Stay tuned faithful readers.