Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)?
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 29 Jun 2017
- COTHEN Net - Update 08 Dec 2017
- Ron Perron Mil/Gov Call Sign - Update September 2017
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- The Milcom MT Files - (1998-2013) Articles Index
Monday, March 07, 2016
Forgotten Station Silently Waiting for Signals
Numerous non-functioning antennas are located not so far from Anadyr in the north of Russia. Troposphere communication station "Yukon" and a local civil TV center used to function there too. Due to army reduction and development of satellite means of communication the demand in the costly station finally declined and in 2003 it was closed. The TV center was closed ten years later.
The station does not receive any signals today and its rusty discs sadly stare at the sky.
Check out how the station, that still has much equipment inside, looks like today.