Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)?
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 28 Feb 2018
- COTHEN Net - Update 30 April 2018
- Ron Perron Mil/Gov Call Sign - Update 1 June 2018
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- The Milcom MT Files (1998-2013) Articles Index
- The Spectrum Monitor e-Zine Milcom Column Index
Monday, March 21, 2016
IKE Carrier Strike Group Underway for COMPTUEX
From USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN 69 Public Affairs
NORFOLK, Va. (NNS) -- The ships and air wing of the Eisenhower Carrier Strike Group (CSG) commenced a composite training unit exercise (COMPTUEX) March 16, in preparation for an upcoming deployment.
Ike CSG is comprised of aircraft carrier USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN 69) (Ike), Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 3, guided-missile cruisers USS San Jacinto (CG 56) and USS Monterey (CG 61), and Destroyer Squadron (DESRON) 26 with its associated ships: USS Stout (DDG 55), USS Roosevelt (DDG 80), USS Mason (DDG 87) and USS Nitze (DDG 94).
COMPTUEX will test the carrier strike group's ability to perform and effectively respond as an integrated team during simulated scenarios the group may encounter while deployed or during high-end warfare.
The exercise consists of a variety of training evolutions including anti-air warfare, anti-surface warfare, anti-submarine warfare, strike warfare, humanitarian assistance/disaster relief, irregular warfare, counterpiracy, counterproliferation and maritime interdiction scenarios.
Capt. Jeffrey Anderson, CVW-3 commander, said the underway period, the air wing's first extended underway aboard the strike group flagship since completing the Tailored Ship's Training Assessment and Final Evaluation Problem (TSTA/FEP) in November 2015, is just the latest step in what has proven to be a seamless integration with the Ike-Battle Axe team.
"Integration of the air wing aboard Ike and across the strike group has been seamless," Anderson said. "Everything has developed as well as, or better than, we anticipated."
Rear Adm. Jesse Wilson, Ike CSG commander, said the strike group's participation in COMPTUEX will integrate individual units into a cohesive team and establish critical lines of communication.
"COMPTUEX provides us with one last litmus test to ensure the team is aligned and effectively operating together before we deploy," Wilson said. "This training, in potential real-world scenarios, will test the team in order to solidify our readiness and aid in our success during combat operations," said Wilson.
The IKE CSG pre-deployment qualifications will culminate with the completion of COMPTUEX, the final major training evolution of the integrated phase of training. IKE CSG is scheduled to deploy this summer.