Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)?
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 28 Feb 2018
- COTHEN Net - Update 30 April 2018
- Ron Perron Mil/Gov Call Sign - Update September 2017
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- The Milcom MT Files (1998-2013) Articles Index
- The Spectrum Monitor e-Zine Milcom Column Index
Friday, March 09, 2018
Army taps Airbus for 35 UH-72A Lakota helicopters
Airbus Helicopters has been awarded a contract by the U.S. Army for 35 UH-72A Lakota aircraft. The deal, announced Thursday by the Department of Defense, is valued at more than $273.2 million under the terms of a firm-fixed-price contract.
The agreement between the Army and Airbus Helicopters taps the company to provide 35 UH-72A Lakota aircraft.
The UH-72A is a twin-engine helicopter with a single, four-bladed main rotor.
The helicopter is used in a domestic utility role to transport troops and supplies by the Army and National Guard, and has been in use since 2007.
Work on the contract will occur in Columbus, Miss., and is expected to be complete by March 2021.
More than $136.6 million will be obligated to Airbus Helicopters from Army fiscal 2017 and 2018 aircraft procurement funds.