Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)?
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 18 Jun 2017
- COTHEN Net - Update 18 June 2017
- Ron Perron Mil/Gov Call Sign - Update 1 Jun 2016
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Annual air show off for '12, will go every other year
By Sig Christenson, Express-News staff
The Air Force has some bad news for thousands of folks who've long been thrilled at the sight of jets roaring low in formation over throngs at San Antonio air shows.
Next year's performance has been grounded.
Thanks to budget cuts, the town often called Military City, U.S.A. will have air shows every other year starting in 2013. The move, revealed by Joint Base San Antonio, came as no surprise to Bexar County Judge Nelson Wolff.
“When people say you can cut the budget and not hurt anything,” he said, “they're smoking pot.”
Joint Base San Antonio, which oversees support services at Fort Sam Houston and at Randolph and Lackland AFBs, said its $700 million annual operating budget will shrink by as much as a fifth. Next year's hiatus will yield big savings for the command, which spent $632,681 on this year's air show, held Oct. 29 and 30 at Randolph.
Courtesy of the Click here to read the rest of this San Antonio Express-News newspaper story