Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)?
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 29 Jun 2017
- COTHEN Net - Update 30 Aug 2017
- Ron Perron Mil/Gov Call Sign - Update 1 Jun 2016
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
Monday, October 06, 2014
Fleet Forces Announces Carrier Schedule Changes
NORFOLK, Va. (NNS) -- Commander, U.S. Fleet Forces (USFF) announced today a decision to change the future schedules of two Norfolk-based aircraft carriers.
USS Harry S. Truman (CVN 75), will replace USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN 69) in upcoming training, operational, and maintenance schedules. Eisenhower, in turn, will shift into the training, operational, and maintenance schedule that had been planned for Truman. The commanding officers of the two ships notified the crews earlier today.
As USFF implements the Optimized Fleet Response Plan (O-FRP), a careful analysis of fleet maintenance, training and operational schedules determined that changing Truman and Eisenhower's longterm schedules would better enable the Navy to provide ready forces for national security taskings.
O-FRP offers more stability and predictability for Sailors and families by aligning carrier strike group assets to a 36-month training and deployment cycle. While changing Truman and Eisenhower's schedules impacts the ships' Sailors and families, the change ultimately provides better predictability Navy-wide.
As part of this change, Carrier Strike Group (CSG) 10 staff members, who previously embarked aboard Truman, will now embark aboard Eisenhower. Conversely, CSG 8 staff members, who previously embarked aboard Eisenhower, will now embark aboard Truman. This schedule change does not affect any other ship, squadron, or staff schedules.