Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)?
- Ron Perron Mil/Gov Call Sign - Update 1 June 2018
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes: Updated 24 July 2019
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- COTHEN HF Network – Update 2 April 2020
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 23 April 2019
- The Spectrum Monitor e-Zine Milcom Column Index - Update 7 Oct 2019
- The Milcom MT Files (1998-2013) Articles Index
Thursday, November 02, 2006
New MARS VHF Frequencies Posted
Dan Myers posted the following new MARS VHF frequencies on the Milcom newsgroup. He obtained the list from Charles Hargrove's website at http://www.n2nov.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=168
New Military Affiliate Radio System (MARS) VHF assignments (courtesy of narrowbanding) (MHz):
138.9750 139.0500 139.6625 140.6250 141.1250 142.1500 142.2750 142.6625 143.3500 143.4000 143.4500 143.9500 143.9750 148.0250 148.0500 148.3500 148.3750 148.4000 148.6500 148.9500 148.9750 149.1875 150.1250 150.4000 150.6250
The complete realignment of the 138-144/148-150.8 MHz DoD LMR bands continues here in the states -New CAP/MARS frequencies. Even if you don't live near a military facility, you should be searching the frequency ranges above using 12.5 kHz spacing on a regular basis. You might be surprised what you will hear. Note: both AM and narrowband FM modes are used in this band. There are very interesting military aircraft comms in these bands.
As always, if you hear something drop me a line. I would like to post what you are hearing.