Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)?
- Ron Perron Mil/Gov Call Sign - Update 1 June 2018
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes: Updated 24 July 2019
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- The Milcom MT Files (1998-2013) Articles Index
- The Spectrum Monitor e-Zine Milcom Column Index - Update 7 Oct 2019
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 23 April 2019
- COTHEN HF Network – Update 23 September 2019
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Russian Long Range Bomber Missions Are Spiking Again
The following is a translation from Russian into English by the Old Crow taken off the Russian Ministry of Defense website. The article was dated 24 October 2007. It appears that the spike in the number of missions for the Russian Long Range Aviation units continues.
Long Range Aviaition activities continue...within the framework of Command-Staff training by units of Long Range Aviation. The training is scheduled to run from 16th to 30th October under the direction of CinC Air Forces - Colonel-General Aleksandr Zelin. Today, 24th October and tomorrow 25th October, as many as 10 aircraft: TU-160 (Blackjack), TU-95MS (Bear H) and IL-78 Tankers will carry out flights over the Arctic, Atlantic, and Pacific Oceans and also the Black Sea. The flights will occur at night and during the day and will include in-flight refuelling.
The Russian Strategic Aviation flights will be accomplished in observance of the schedule for combat training and will be carried out strictly in accordance with International rules governing military flights over international waters and will not violate the airspace of other nations.
Previous articles on this subject here on the Milcom blog include:
Blog Editor's Note: Recently reported Russian Long Range Air Force frequencies from REA4 Moscow 1000/50 include: 2721.0 4179.0 4706.0 5157.0 7018.0 9193.0 11408.0 23961.0 kHz.