Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)?
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 28 Feb 2018
- COTHEN Net - Update 30 April 2018
- Ron Perron Mil/Gov Call Sign - Update 1 June 2018
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- The Milcom MT Files (1998-2013) Articles Index
- The Spectrum Monitor e-Zine Milcom Column Index
Tuesday, March 08, 2011
USAF AWACS Over Libya?
Media reports from NATO sources indicate that AWACS surveillance flights over Libya may be extended from 10 to 24 hours a day and that the US Air Force AWACS from the 552ACW would be capable of handling this mission.
I have pulled from my db frequencies that have had AWACS activity in the past by the French AF, UK RAF and NATO AWACS aircraft. I do not have any confirmed voicetell frequencies used by any USAF AWACS overseas in the past in my database.
The frequencies below have not been observed in use during this current situation and any intercept reports regarding any military service AWACS missions over Libya are certainly appreciated. You can email me at the email address in the masthead.
French Air Force AWACS Net
4745.0 5307.0 7650.0 8192.5 9050.0 kHz
RAF Command & Control AWACS HF Link
2205.0 4478.5 6673.5 6745.0 8500.5 kHz
NATO E-3 AWACS
3081.0 3089.0 3225.0 3900.0 4542.0 4721.0 4757.0 4779.0 5691.0 6690.0 6695.0 6700.0 6728.0 6754.0 6760.0 6762.5 8971.0 8980.0 8986.5 10315.0 10429.0 12165.0 15016.0 15018.0 17996.5 18009.0 23241.0 kHz