Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)?
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 29 Jun 2017
- COTHEN Net - Update 18 June 2017
- Ron Perron Mil/Gov Call Sign - Update 1 Jun 2016
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
Saturday, January 22, 2011
First Delta IV Heavy launches from Vandenberg AFB
Blog Ed Note: According to a tweet fom Bob Christie NROL-49's official name on orbit is USA 224, carries and International Designator 2011-002A and Satellite/NORAD Catalog No. 37348.
VANDENBERG AIR FORCE BASE, Calif. (AFNS) -- A Delta IV Heavy Launch Vehicle was launched from here Jan. 20.
It was the first Delta IV HLV to be launched from the West Coast of the U.S., and it carried a national security payload for the National Reconnaissance Office.
"The teamwork between the 30th Space Wing, the National Reconnaissance Office, United Launch Alliance and numerous other agencies was outstanding for our first-ever Delta IV HLV from Vandenberg Air Force Base," said Col. Keith Balts, the 30th Space Wing vice commander and launch decision authority. "I'm very proud to be part of the team who worked so hard to make this mission a success."
The Delta IV HLV launched from here is 235 feet tall and produced 2 million pounds of thrust.
More details at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA-224