Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)?
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 28 Feb 2018
- COTHEN Net - Update 19 March 2018
- Ron Perron Mil/Gov Call Sign - Update September 2017
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- The Milcom MT Files - (1998-2013) Articles Index
Monday, September 22, 2014
Making a Trap on the USS Truman Caught on Video
What you like to visually see what a trap aboard a US Navy aircraft carrier looks like?
Then check out the video posted at http://vimeo.com/72660126.
It was hot from ROMEO-GULF03" a C-2A Greyhound from VRC-40 Detachment 4 (IV) assigned to Carrier Air Wing 3 (CVW-3), is seen in this video carrying out a TRAP landing onboard the USS Harry S. Truman (CVN-75) which was underway in the Mediterranean Sea.
The USS Harry S. Truman carrier strike group is on an eight to nine-month deployment, supporting maritime security operations in the U.S. 6th and 5th Fleet areas of operations During which time VRC-40 will operate from land based locations in order re-supply the Carrier and aid in Logistic support of Cargo, Personnel and Mail.
Thanks to Rick Kd4jrx (North of KILM and south of KACZ) and the Milcom newsgroup. Yep, the Milcom newsgroup I was a founding father of almost two decades ago is still around. More at http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/milcom