Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)?
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 29 Jun 2017
- COTHEN Net - Update 18 June 2017
- Ron Perron Mil/Gov Call Sign - Update 1 Jun 2016
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
Monday, September 22, 2014
Russian Military Exercise Vostok 2014
From ITAR-TASS (http://en.itar-tass.com/russia/750222)
A strategic command and staff exercise code-named Vostok 2014 (East 2014) with about 100,000 troops participating began in the Eastern Military District on Friday, the Defence Ministry said.
“About 100,000 servicemen, up to 1,500 tanks, 120 aircraft, 5,000 pieces of weaponry, military and special hardware, and 70 ships will take part in the exercises,” it said.
Participating in the exercises will be Tupolev-22M3 bombers, Tu-95MS missile carriers, Ilyushin-78 tanker aircraft, Il-76 and An-12 transport planes, and A-50 long-range radar detection aircraft.
Mi-8, Mi-24 and Ka-52 helicopters, Su-24 bombers, S-25 attack aeroplanes, MiG-31 and Su-27 jet fighters, and the newest S-34, Su-30SM and Su-35S multirole aircraft systems will take part in the drills.
Rest of the story at http://en.itar-tass.com/russia/750222