ATLANTIC OCEAN (NNS) -- Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group (HST CSG) is underway June 5 for a final sustainment exercise (SUSTAINEX) before their upcoming deployment.
Aircraft carrier USS Harry S. Truman (CVN 75) departed Naval Station Norfolk earlier this week along with embarked Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 3 and 1st Combined Destroyer Squadron staff, have joined guided-missile cruisers USS San Jacinto (CG 56), USS Gettysburg (CG 64) and guided-missile destroyers USS Bulkeley (DDG 84) and USS Mason (DDG 87) for the exercise. The cruisers and destroyers departed their homeports of Naval Station Norfolk and Naval Station Mayport May 31.
The ships and embarked units training together are focusing on maritime security operations, air defense, counter-piracy and anti-submarine warfare.
"We've worked very hard to maintain our combat readiness these past few months," said Rear Adm. Kevin Sweeney, commander, Carrier Strike Group 10. "It's wonderful to be back at sea, training as an integrated strike group in a complex environment like we expect to see on deployment."
The exercise is similar to the composite unit training exercise (COMPTUEX) the strike group completed earlier this year. Exercises such as SUSTAINEX and COMPTUEX ensure strike groups are trained and certified for an overseas deployment.
Welcome to the Milcom Monitor Post sponsored by Teak Publishing (Copyright © 2006-2023 Teak Publishing). All rights are reserved. Redistribution of these pages in any format without prior permission is prohibited. Links to individual stories are permitted without permission. The comment section on this blog is closed, but you can pass along material or comments via email MilcomMP at gmail dot com. If you submit material for this blog and want to remain anonymous, indicate that in your message.
Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)? Updated 20 September 2021
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes: Updated 24 July 2019
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- COTHEN HF Network – Last Update 22 March 2023
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 6 Oct 2022
- The Spectrum Monitor e-Zine Milcom Column Index - Update 17 January 2022
- The Milcom MT Files (1998-2013) Articles Index
Monday, June 03, 2013
Truman Strike Group Underway For SUSTAINEX
Labels: SUSTAINEX, US Navy, USS Harry S. Truman CSG