Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)?
- Ron Perron Mil/Gov Call Sign - Update 1 June 2018
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes: Updated 24 July 2019
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- COTHEN HF Network – Update 2 April 2020
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 23 April 2019
- The Spectrum Monitor e-Zine Milcom Column Index - Update 7 Oct 2019
- The Milcom MT Files (1998-2013) Articles Index
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
The US Navy Carrier - Life on a Flight Deck
Want to see what life is like on the deck of a US Navy aircraft carrier? Check out the link below to a doc piece that aired on the Discovery Channel about the USS John C. Stennis. While it is a bit dated, we don't fly the S-3 or F-14s any more, you will get an idea what life is like on a flight deck of a US Navy aircraft carrier. BTW I was one of the guys on deck wearing a white shirt.
Milcom Factoid: One US aircraft carrier has a more powerful air force than 70% of all countries.