Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)? Updated 20 September 2021
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes: Updated 24 July 2019
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- COTHEN HF Network – Last Update 23 May 2023
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 24 May 2023
- The Spectrum Monitor e-Zine Milcom Column Index - Update 17 January 2022
- The Milcom MT Files (1998-2013) Articles Index
Friday, October 19, 2012
#Warfighting: John C. Stennis Strike Group Enters US 5th Fleet
JOHN C. STENNIS, At Sea (NNS) -- The John C. Stennis Carrier Strike Group (JCSSG), entered the U.S. 5th Fleet Area of Responsibility (AOR), Oct. 17.
The JCSSG takes the place of the Enterprise Carrier Strike Group, which departed U.S. 5th Fleet AOR to return to the United States where flagship USS Enterprise (CVN 65) will be deactivated after more than 50 years of service.
"We're looking forward to working with our partner nations and ensuring the vital sea lanes of this region remain free for all maritime traffic," said Rear Adm. Chuck Gaouette, commander, JCSSG. "We have trained for a wide variety of contingencies, from supporting coalition ground troops in Afghanistan to conducting humanitarian assistance operations, and I'm confident this strike group will accomplish any mission that we are asked to execute."
JCSSG deployed four months ahead of schedule, to support combatant commander requirements for U.S. assets in the region.
While en route to 5th Fleet, the JCSSG conducted integrated training within the strike group, as well as combined operations in the U.S. 7th Fleet with the George Washington Carrier Strike Group. The JCSSG also had two port visits in 7th Fleet, Sepangar, Malaysia and Phuket, Thailand.
The JCSSG consists of the aircraft carrier USS John. C. Stennis (CVN 74), Carrier Air Wing 9, Destroyer Squadron 21 and guided-missile cruiser USS Mobile Bay (CG 53).