Things in the eastern Asia continue to heat up. The Yonhap News Agency has a story this morning re: new ADIZ for South Korea.
SEOUL, Dec. 3 (Yonhap) -- Locked in a standoff with China over disputed airspace, South Korea will confirm its new air defense zone expanding southward this week and notify neighboring countries of the plan before making a formal announcement, Seoul officials said Tuesday.
In response to China's controversial Air Defense Identification Zone (AIDZ) overlapping that of South Korea and Japan, Seoul has been preparing a new air defense zone that includes an ocean research station built on an underwater reef and southern islands.
Welcome to the Milcom Monitor Post sponsored by Teak Publishing (Copyright © 2006-2023 Teak Publishing). All rights are reserved. Redistribution of these pages in any format without prior permission is prohibited. Links to individual stories are permitted without permission. The comment section on this blog is closed, but you can pass along material or comments via email MilcomMP at gmail dot com. If you submit material for this blog and want to remain anonymous, indicate that in your message.
Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)? Updated 20 September 2021
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes: Updated 24 July 2019
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- COTHEN HF Network – Last Update 23 May 2023
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 24 May 2023
- The Spectrum Monitor e-Zine Milcom Column Index - Update 17 January 2022
- The Milcom MT Files (1998-2013) Articles Index
Tuesday, December 03, 2013
S. Korea to confirm new air defense zone this week
Labels: ADIZ, China, East China Sea, South Korea