Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)?
- Ron Perron Mil/Gov Call Sign - Update 1 June 2018
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- The Milcom MT Files (1998-2013) Articles Index
- The Spectrum Monitor e-Zine Milcom Column Index
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 23 April 2019
- COTHEN HF Network – Update 24 October 2018
- The Sounds of Radio Audio Files (Btown Monitoring Post)
- The Sounds of Global Radio Audio Files (Shortwave Central Blog)
Tuesday, January 05, 2016
Blue Angels Arrive in California for Winter Training
From Blue Angels Public Affairs
EL CENTRO, Calif. (NNS) -- U.S. Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron, the Blue Angels, made its annual deployment to Naval Air Facility (NAF) El Centro, to prepare for the upcoming show season, Jan. 2.
"For the last 49 years, NAF El Centro and the Imperial Valley have been the winter training home of the U.S. Navy Blue Angels," said Capt. William S. Doster, commanding officer, NAF El Centro. "Everyone is looking forward to the arrival of the new team this year and helping to celebrate their 70th anniversary."
The 10-week winter training concludes in early March after the team completes 120 flights during a rigorous flight schedule. The weather conditions of the Imperial Valley are optimal for the amount of flights the team is required to complete.
"We are eager to begin training for our 70th season of putting on world class demonstrations," said Lt. Ryan Chamberlain, Blue Angels lead solo pilot. "There is no better place than our second home in El Centro."
The team performs its first public flight demonstration of 2016 at NAF El Centro, March 12.
The mission of the Blue Angels is to showcase the pride and professionalism of the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps by inspiring a culture of excellence and service to country through flight demonstrations and community outreach. In 2016, the Blue Angels will celebrate their 70th anniversary.