Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)?
- Ron Perron Mil/Gov Call Sign - Update 1 June 2018
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- The Milcom MT Files (1998-2013) Articles Index
- The Spectrum Monitor e-Zine Milcom Column Index
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 23 April 2019
- COTHEN HF Network – Update 24 October 2018
- The Sounds of Radio Audio Files (Btown Monitoring Post)
- The Sounds of Global Radio Audio Files (Shortwave Central Blog)
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
Ronald Reagan Strike Grp Enters 7th Fleet
The USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76) Carrier Strike Group (RRSG) entered the U.S. 7th Fleet’s area of responsibility (AOR) Feb. 9, as part of a surge deployment to promote peace, cooperation and stability in the region.
Led by Rear Adm. Charles W. Martoglio, the Ronald Reagan Carrier Strike Group will be filling the role of USS Kitty Hawk (CV 63), the Navy’s only permanently forward deployed aircraft carrier, which is undergoing scheduled maintenance in Yokuska, Japan.
The Ronald Reagan Carrier Strike Group is comprised of CCSG 7, Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 14, Destroyer Squadron (DESRON) 7, the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier Ronald Reagan, the guided-missile cruiser USS Lake Champlain (CG 57), the guided-missile destroyers USS Russell (DDG 59) and USS Paul Hamilton (DDG 60), and Explosive Ordnance Disposal Unit 11, Det. 15. More than 6,000 Sailors are currently assigned to RRSG.
The squadrons of CVW-14 include the “Redcocks” of Strike Fighter Squadron (VFA) 22, the “Fist of the Fleet” of VFA-25, the “Stingers” of VFA-113, the “Eagles” of VFA-115, the “Black Eagles” of Airborne Early Warning Squadron (VAW) 113, the “Cougars” of Tactical Electronic Warfare Squadron (VAQ) 139, the “Providers” of Carrier Logistics Support (VRC) 30, and the “Black Knights” of Helicopter Anti-Submarine Squadron (HS) 4.
Commander, U.S. 7th Fleet is permanently embarked aboard USS Blue Ridge (LCC 19), which is forward deployed to Yokosuka, Japan. The 7th Fleet AOR includes more than 52 million square miles of the Pacific and Indian oceans -- stretching from the international date line to the east coast of Africa, and from the Kuril Islands in the north to the Antarctic in the south.