Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)?
- Ron Perron Mil/Gov Call Sign - Update 1 June 2018
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes: Updated 24 July 2019
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- COTHEN HF Network – Update 2 April 2020
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 23 April 2019
- The Spectrum Monitor e-Zine Milcom Column Index - Update 7 Oct 2019
- The Milcom MT Files (1998-2013) Articles Index
Friday, November 15, 2013
Joint Base Andrews AFB Air Show Cancelled for 2014
According to a news report on WMAL-AM 630 this morning, the May 2014 Air Show at the Joint Base Andrews AFB has been cancelled due to sequestration budget cuts. Officials say they don't know when to expect the next one.
Andrews Spokesman Eric Sharman told WMAL the base prepared for the effects of sequestration back in 2012 and implemented an every-other-year schedule, but they were not expecting further cuts by the Department of Defense.
As reported on this blog last month's funding for outreach activities, including the air shows, was cut by an additional 45 percent by DoD.