Welcome to the Milcom Monitor Post sponsored by Teak Publishing (Copyright © 2006-2023 Teak Publishing). All rights are reserved. Redistribution of these pages in any format without prior permission is prohibited. Links to individual stories are permitted without permission. The comment section on this blog is closed, but you can pass along material or comments via email MilcomMP at gmail dot com. If you submit material for this blog and want to remain anonymous, indicate that in your message.
Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)? Updated 20 September 2021
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes: Updated 24 July 2019
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- COTHEN HF Network – Last Update 23 May 2023
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 24 May 2023
- The Spectrum Monitor e-Zine Milcom Column Index - Update 17 January 2022
- The Milcom MT Files (1998-2013) Articles Index
Thursday, December 06, 2007
Nassau SSG COMPUTEX Comms Monitored
The Nassau Strike Group (NASSG) COMPUTEX exercise is being conducted right now off the East Coast of the US (see my story at http://mt-milcom.blogspot.com/2007/12/nassau-strike-group-participating-in.html). The group air defense net (NCS-NW) has been monitored on 4068.0 kHz. You will hear NW and single letter stations that make up the net.
The NASSG is made up of the amphibious assault ship USS Nassau (LHA 4), amphibious transport dock ship USS Nashville (LPD 13), amphibious dock landing ship USS Ashland (LSD 48), guided-missile cruiser USS Philippine Sea (CG 58), guide-missile destroyers USS Ross (DDG 71) and USS Bulkeley (DDG 66), the attack submarine USS Albany (SSN 753), and a Marine Landing Force from the 24 MEU.
Participating as a simulated coalition partner is USS Gonzalez (DDG 66) and also participating as simulated opposition forces are guided-missile destroyer USS Farragut (DDG 99), and guided-missile frigates USS Klakring (FFG 42), USS Nicholas (FFG 47) and USS Hawes (FFG 53).
The exercise will conclude on December 17.