At the Shuttle Landing Facility at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida, STS-129 Commander Charles O. Hobaugh and Pilot Barry E. Wilmore practice touch-and-go landings in a Shuttle Training Aircraft. Photo credit: NASA/Kim Shiflett
Those of you with Milsatcom monitoring capability and RF visibility over the Atlantic might want to keep an ear cocked towards the TAL Support net on UHF Milsat frequencies. These folks will be supporting the launch of Atlantis on the STS-129 mission to the ISS tomorrow. Launch time is scheduled for 2:28 p.p. EST (1928 UTC).
Latest information indicates that a 261.575 MHz downlink is in use. Callsigns monitored include:
DoD Cape - DoD Support Operations Center, controls launch contingency forces Cape Canaveral AFS, FL
Guardian Angel - Unknown
Wolfden - US EUCOM Stuttgart, Germany
Now some non-related Milsat stuff:
Geoff near Belfast has reported on the Hearsat newsgroup that 253.650 MHz.
Unidentified callsign (possibily Linebacker?) female US accent calling Blacksmith 102. No response heard, then she called 'any Blacksmith element' followed by secure transmissions.
Welcome to the Milcom Monitor Post sponsored by Teak Publishing (Copyright © 2006-2023 Teak Publishing). All rights are reserved. Redistribution of these pages in any format without prior permission is prohibited. Links to individual stories are permitted without permission. The comment section on this blog is closed, but you can pass along material or comments via email MilcomMP at gmail dot com. If you submit material for this blog and want to remain anonymous, indicate that in your message.
Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)? Updated 20 September 2021
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes: Updated 24 July 2019
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- COTHEN HF Network – Last Update 22 March 2023
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 6 Oct 2022
- The Spectrum Monitor e-Zine Milcom Column Index - Update 17 January 2022
- The Milcom MT Files (1998-2013) Articles Index
Sunday, November 15, 2009
STS-129 TAL Support Nets Up and Misc Milsatcom
Labels: NASA, Space Shuttle, UHF Milsat