Welcome to the Milcom Monitor Post sponsored by Teak Publishing (Copyright © 2006-2023 Teak Publishing). All rights are reserved. Redistribution of these pages in any format without prior permission is prohibited. Links to individual stories are permitted without permission. The comment section on this blog is closed, but you can pass along material or comments via email MilcomMP at gmail dot com. If you submit material for this blog and want to remain anonymous, indicate that in your message.
Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)? Updated 20 September 2021
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes: Updated 24 July 2019
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- COTHEN HF Network – Last Update 23 May 2023
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 24 May 2023
- The Spectrum Monitor e-Zine Milcom Column Index - Update 17 January 2022
- The Milcom MT Files (1998-2013) Articles Index
Sunday, November 08, 2009
Ike CSG Conducting East Coast COMPTUEX
The German navy frigate Hessen (F221) pulls alongside the aircraft carrier USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN 69) for a refueling at sea. This is the first time Dwight D. Eisenhower has provided fuel for a German ship. Dwight D. Eisenhower is conducting a three-week Composite Training Unit Exercise (COMPTUEX) in preparation for its upcoming 2010 deployment. COMPTUEX is a training exercise along the East Coast from Virginia to Florida. (U.S. Navy photo by Mass Communication Specialist 2nd Class Gina K. Wollman/Released)
And some frequencies from our central Florida reporter Jack NeSmith:
225.3250 Unknown user/usage
236.2750 Unknown user/usage
237.7000 Unknown user/usage
288.4250 Unknown user/usage
290.5000 CNTRA T-45 CD tailcode air-to-air
343.0250 Unknown user/usage
On the HF side Jack Metcalfe on UDXF reported INDIA CHARLIE calling INDIA on 5316.0 kHz USB. The India prefix of IC is a known CWC identifier for the USS Eisenhower CSG.
This is a Air Warfare Commander's HF net. Also Bill in NW GA reported Mike India and Sierra Whiskey identifiers on this frequency.
Chris Corley has been reporting ANDVT comms on 6703.0 kHz and these may also be related to the Ike CSG.
Another possible CWC frequency maybe 4736.0 kHz USB. November Foxtrot was recently heard conducting a HF CWC Voice Coordination Force Track Coordinator (Link-11/Link-16) net on this one.
More to follow de Chief