Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)? Updated 24 March 2021
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes: Updated 24 July 2019
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- COTHEN HF Network – Update 26 July 2021
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 9 Feb 2021
- The Spectrum Monitor e-Zine Milcom Column Index - Update 8 Oct 2020
- The Milcom MT Files (1998-2013) Articles Index
Sunday, November 28, 2010
N. Korea deploys SA-2 surface-to-air missiles near Yellow Sea border
The Yonhap News Agency is reporting that North Korea has deployed SA-2 surface-to-air missiles to its west coast near Yellow Sea border with South Korea.
"(The missiles) appear to be targeting our fighter jets that fly near the Northern Limit Line (NLL)," the source said on customary condition of anonymity, referring to the Yellow Sea border.
The Soviet-designed SA-2 missile has a range of between 13 and 30 kilometers. Other missiles on the North's west coast, such as the Samlet and Silkworm with ranges of up to 95km, have also been put onto launch pads, the source said.
"The military is preparing for the possibility of further provocations as the North Korean military has deployed firepower near the NLL and is preparing to fire," the source said.