The Air Force announced today that Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N. J., and Travis Air Force Base, Calif., are candidate basing locations for Light Mobility Aircraft (LiMA).
These locations are candidates to beddown a single squadron consisting of 12 aircraft and approximately 100 personnel. The LiMA mission supports building partnerships and training in appropriate environments.
"The selection of this candidate list is the result of a deliberate, measured and defendable process, said Kathleen Ferguson, deputy assistant secretary of the Air Force for installations.
The list of candidate bases was selected using previously announced basing criteria.
Site surveys will be conducted and the formal environmental impact analysis process will begin, allowing communities around each candidate base to participate and provide input into the environmental analysis.
Based on the results of these efforts, officials expect to announce the preferred alternative in February 2011. Once the formal National Environmental Policy Act process is complete and the fiscal 2011 authorizations and appropriations are passed for LiMA acquisition, the Air Force will make a final determination on basing.
Welcome to the Milcom Monitor Post sponsored by Teak Publishing (Copyright © 2006-2023 Teak Publishing). All rights are reserved. Redistribution of these pages in any format without prior permission is prohibited. Links to individual stories are permitted without permission. The comment section on this blog is closed, but you can pass along material or comments via email MilcomMP at gmail dot com. If you submit material for this blog and want to remain anonymous, indicate that in your message.
Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)? Updated 20 September 2021
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes: Updated 24 July 2019
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- COTHEN HF Network – Last Update 23 May 2023
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 24 May 2023
- The Spectrum Monitor e-Zine Milcom Column Index - Update 17 January 2022
- The Milcom MT Files (1998-2013) Articles Index