KADENA AIR BASE, Japan (AFNS) -- About 170 Kadena Air Base Airmen are deploying with 12 F-15 Eagles to Thailand to participate in Exercise Cope Tiger 2009 from March 9 through 20.
The F-15s from the 44th Fighter Squadron here will fly alongside their Thai air force counterparts as well as the Singaporean air force and other U.S. Air Force, Navy and Marine Corps air assets.
"This exercise is a great opportunity to hone our air combat skills while practicing against different adversaries than we normally train against here," said Lt. Col. Peter Oertel, the 18th Operations Group deputy commander.
Cope Tiger is a multilateral combined/joint field training exercise that enhances combined readiness and interoperability between allied forces, reinforces U.S. commitment to the Pacific region, and demonstrates U.S. capability to project combined and joint forces strategically in a multilateral environment.
The event provides an unparalleled opportunity to improve our tactics between our allied partners and cultivate interoperability and coalition procedures in the employment of airpower between the three countries, the colonel said.
More than 2,300 people will participate in the exercise, including approximately 1,200 U.S. servicemembers and 1,100 servicemembers from Thailand and Singapore forces. The exercise will take place at both Korat and Udon Thani Royal Thai air force bases and includes 156 aircraft and air defense units, 55 of which are from the United States.
"We also hope to build personal and international relationships with our allied personnel," Colonel Oertel said. "This will facilitate any responses to regional events or contingencies in the future."
Welcome to the Milcom Monitor Post sponsored by Teak Publishing (Copyright © 2006-2023 Teak Publishing). All rights are reserved. Redistribution of these pages in any format without prior permission is prohibited. Links to individual stories are permitted without permission. The comment section on this blog is closed, but you can pass along material or comments via email MilcomMP at gmail dot com. If you submit material for this blog and want to remain anonymous, indicate that in your message.
Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)? Updated 20 September 2021
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes: Updated 24 July 2019
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- COTHEN HF Network – Last Update 22 March 2023
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 6 Oct 2022
- The Spectrum Monitor e-Zine Milcom Column Index - Update 17 January 2022
- The Milcom MT Files (1998-2013) Articles Index
Saturday, March 07, 2009
Kadena Airmen deploy to Thailand for Exercise Cope Tiger
Labels: Exercise Cope Tiger, F-15 Aircraft, USAF