From Wolfgang and the UDXF gang for our friends and readers in Europe:
NATO EXERCISE LOYAL MARINER 09 FROM 2 TO 13 MARCH 09
IN THE MEDITERRANEAN SEA - AREA SOUTH OF SARDINIA BOUNDED BY 37-50N AND 39-30N AND 07-30E AND 10-30E. MERCHANT SHIPS CO- OPERATION IS VALUABLE FOR TRAINING IN THE COUNTER PIRACY ACTIVITIES. ALL MERCHANT SHIPPING GREATER THAN 300 GRT APPROACHING THE AREA IS REQUESTED TO PARTICIPATE ON A VOLUNTARY BASIS (NO COST/NO DELAY) IN ORDER TO IMPROVE REPORTING AND EXCHANGE OF INFORMATION. MERCHANT SHIPS ARE INVITED TO INFORM THE NATO SHIPPING CENTRE THEIR WILLINGNESS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE EXERCISE VIA EMAIL TO: INFO AT SHIPPING.NATO.INT OR FREEPHONE 0044 1923956574 OR FREEFAX 0044 1923956575 FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTION NNNN
And here are a few possible related freqs from Wolfgang:
8327.9 Mike Kilo Unid NATO 1004 USB clg Alpha Whiskey for rc, then qso.
8327.9 Alpha Whisky: Unid NATO 1004 USB qso Mike Kilo.
8328.2 Unid NATO (ship station?) 0950 Stanag 4285/600L short msg´s KG84 [SOM].
And another possible related freq from Michel on UDXF
4760.0 Xray 51 wkg 7BY NATO exercice? "loyal mariner" 1023 USB eng d/x "alligator...all ships..." [Definite CWC Net-LVH]
Thank to Wolfgang and Michel for sharing this info on Loyal Mariner.
Welcome to the Milcom Monitor Post sponsored by Teak Publishing (Copyright © 2006-2023 Teak Publishing). All rights are reserved. Redistribution of these pages in any format without prior permission is prohibited. Links to individual stories are permitted without permission. The comment section on this blog is closed, but you can pass along material or comments via email MilcomMP at gmail dot com. If you submit material for this blog and want to remain anonymous, indicate that in your message.
Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)? Updated 20 September 2021
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes: Updated 24 July 2019
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- COTHEN HF Network – Last Update 22 March 2023
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 6 Oct 2022
- The Spectrum Monitor e-Zine Milcom Column Index - Update 17 January 2022
- The Milcom MT Files (1998-2013) Articles Index