Today the U.S. Air Force announced its proposed force structure realignment for fiscal 2010. It reflects adjustments which will provide adequate resources to accomplish the Air Force mission.
"The force structure announcement reflects our best effort to meet the expanding Air Force mission areas and growing joint demands,” said Gen. Norton Schwartz, Air Force chief of staff.
It includes a summary of military and civilian personnel changes and reassignment of aircraft at Air Force bases for the upcoming fiscal year. It does not include programmatic actions in fiscal 2011 and beyond.
“We’ve made some hard choices,” Schwartz said. “However, we believe this is the best overall design to meet America's national security needs and support to the joint fight."
The announcement specifies the force structure changes experienced by the Total Force-Air Force active duty, Air National Guard, and Air Force Reserve. Implementation of these actions will occur only after completion of appropriate environmental analyses.
For more details about the fiscal 2010 Force Structure realignment go to http://www.defenselink.mil/news/d20090626FY2010tab1.pdf and
Welcome to the Milcom Monitor Post sponsored by Teak Publishing (Copyright © 2006-2023 Teak Publishing). All rights are reserved. Redistribution of these pages in any format without prior permission is prohibited. Links to individual stories are permitted without permission. The comment section on this blog is closed, but you can pass along material or comments via email MilcomMP at gmail dot com. If you submit material for this blog and want to remain anonymous, indicate that in your message.
Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)? Updated 20 September 2021
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes: Updated 24 July 2019
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- COTHEN HF Network – Last Update 22 March 2023
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 6 Oct 2022
- The Spectrum Monitor e-Zine Milcom Column Index - Update 17 January 2022
- The Milcom MT Files (1998-2013) Articles Index