I first revealed on this blog, that the Navy was thinking of disestablishing the Navy-Marine Corps MARS radio service. See my post of May 22, 2009 at
Now this official update from the Chief, Navy-Marine Corps MARS:
CHNAVMARCORMARS INFO BCST 20-091.
NAVMARCORMARS STATUS: OPNAV AND DOD HAVE YET TO RESOLVE WHETHER THE NAVY WILL BE ALLOWED TO 'SUNSET' THE MARS MISSION. I UNDERSTAND THAT SOME MEMBERS OF OTHER MARS SERVICES ARE MISINTERPRETING THE WORDS OF THEIR RESPECTIVE MARS CHIEFS AND ARE PRESSURING OUR MEMBERS TO JOIN THEIR SERVICE. THIS IS TOTALLY OUT OF LINE AND SHOULD NOT BE OCCURING. IF, I REPEAT IF, DOD ALLOWS NAVY TO TERMINATE NAVMARCORMARS, WE WILL ADDRESS THIS IN AN OFFICIAL MANNER. OTHERWISE CONTINUE NAVMARCORMARS OPERATIONS AS NORMAL.
Welcome to the Milcom Monitor Post sponsored by Teak Publishing (Copyright © 2006-2023 Teak Publishing). All rights are reserved. Redistribution of these pages in any format without prior permission is prohibited. Links to individual stories are permitted without permission. The comment section on this blog is closed, but you can pass along material or comments via email MilcomMP at gmail dot com. If you submit material for this blog and want to remain anonymous, indicate that in your message.
Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)? Updated 20 September 2021
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes: Updated 24 July 2019
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- COTHEN HF Network – Last Update 23 May 2023
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 24 May 2023
- The Spectrum Monitor e-Zine Milcom Column Index - Update 17 January 2022
- The Milcom MT Files (1998-2013) Articles Index