WASHINGTON (NNS) -- USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72) Planned Incremental Availability (PIA) Team at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility (PSNS and IMF), completed an eight month, complex maintenance and modernization period Jan. 15, one day earlier than originally scheduled.
During the PIA, which covered more than 370,000 man-days, Abraham Lincoln received numerous system upgrades and completed scheduled periodic maintenance on its catapults, auxiliary systems, propulsion plants and combat systems suite. The PIA was led by PSNS and IMF as the Naval Supervising Activity, with strong support from the crew of USS Abraham Lincoln, Todd Pacific Shipyard, Norfolk Naval Shipyard and numerous alteration installation teams. With this group effort, Abraham Lincoln has returned to her homeport in Everett, Wash. where PSNS and IMF will continue to support her in preparation for future deployment.
Welcome to the Milcom Monitor Post sponsored by Teak Publishing (Copyright © 2006-2023 Teak Publishing). All rights are reserved. Redistribution of these pages in any format without prior permission is prohibited. Links to individual stories are permitted without permission. The comment section on this blog is closed, but you can pass along material or comments via email MilcomMP at gmail dot com. If you submit material for this blog and want to remain anonymous, indicate that in your message.
Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)? Updated 20 September 2021
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes: Updated 24 July 2019
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- COTHEN HF Network – Last Update 22 March 2023
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 6 Oct 2022
- The Spectrum Monitor e-Zine Milcom Column Index - Update 17 January 2022
- The Milcom MT Files (1998-2013) Articles Index
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Lincoln Completes Availability Ahead of Schedule
Labels: PIA, US Navy, USS Abraham Lincoln CVN-72