Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)? Updated 24 March 2021
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes: Updated 24 July 2019
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- COTHEN HF Network – Update 26 July 2021
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 9 Feb 2021
- The Spectrum Monitor e-Zine Milcom Column Index - Update 8 Oct 2020
- The Milcom MT Files (1998-2013) Articles Index
Tuesday, March 08, 2011
USS Ronald Reagan Strike Group Deploys
Sailors assigned to the aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76) guide an F/A-18E Super Hornet assigned to the Argonauts of Strike Fighter Squadron (VFA) 147 to catapult four in preparation for launch. Ronald Reagan is underway preparing for a deployment to the western Pacific and U.S. Central Command areas of responsibility. (U.S. Navy photo by Mass Communication Specialist 3rd Class Kevin B. Gray/Released)
PACIFIC OCEAN (NNS) -- USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76) and its embarked air wing, Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 14, completed their pre-deployment training March 5, and departed the Southern California area of operations for its regularly scheduled deployment to the Western Pacific and Central Command areas of responsibility.
"We have successfully completed all of our final qualifications," said Capt. Thom Burke, USS Ronald Reagan commanding officer. "The ship and air wing have been training hard and are ready for any tasking that we might receive in the upcoming months."
Embarked aboard Ronald Reagan with CVW 14 are the "Black Knights" of Strike Fighter Squadron (VFA) 154, the "Argonauts" of VFA-147, the "Blue Diamonds" of VFA-146, the "Death Rattlers" of Marine Fighter Attack Squadron (VMFA) 323, the "Black Eagles" of Airborne Early Warning Squadron (VAW) 113, the "Cougars" of Tactical Electronic Warfare Squadron (VAQ) 139, the "Providers" of Carrier Logistics Support Squadron (VRC) 30 and the "Black Knights" of Helicopter Anti-Submarine Squadron (HS) 4.
Ronald Reagan CSG helps provide deterrence, promote peace and security, preserve freedom of the sea and provides humanitarian/disaster response within 3rd Fleet's 50-million square mile area of responsibility in the Eastern Pacific, as well as supporting the Navy's Maritime Strategy when forward deployed.