Welcome to the Milcom Monitor Post sponsored by Teak Publishing (Copyright © 2006-2023 Teak Publishing). All rights are reserved. Redistribution of these pages in any format without prior permission is prohibited. Links to individual stories are permitted without permission. The comment section on this blog is closed, but you can pass along material or comments via email MilcomMP at gmail dot com. If you submit material for this blog and want to remain anonymous, indicate that in your message.
Milcom Monitoring Post Profiles
- What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)? Updated 20 September 2021
- UFO Milsat Program
- Fleetsatcom System
- UHF 225-380 MHz Milcom Spectrum Holes: Updated 24 July 2019
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline/Military Call Signs
- Intl HF Aero Civ/Gov/Mil Frequency List
- USN Aircraft Modex Numbers
- University of Twente Wide Band WebSDR Netherlands
- U.S. Military ALE Addresses
- DoD Air Refueling Frequencies - Update 15 Jul 2016
- COTHEN HF Network – Last Update 22 March 2023
- Monitoring the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary Update 10 Sep 2016
- US Coast Guard Asset Guide - Update 6 Oct 2022
- The Spectrum Monitor e-Zine Milcom Column Index - Update 17 January 2022
- The Milcom MT Files (1998-2013) Articles Index
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Exercise Juniper Cobra 2009 -- Oct 12-16, 2009
Several US Navy ships just landed in Haifa to conduct a massive wargame with Israel. The Israeli and American militaries are conducting an exercise simulating a multi-front conflict with Iran, Syria, Hezbollah and Hamas. The exercise, codenamed ‘Juniper Cobra 2009,’ is the largest joint US-Israeli drill in history.
Juniper Cobra 2009 will reportedly include (on the American side) the Aegis missile defense system and THAAD (Terminal High-Altitude Area Defense). On the Israeli side, it will include the Arrow 2 ballistic missile defense system and other undisclosed elements.
Juniper Cobra 2009 will be the largest exercise yet between the IDF and the US Military's European Command (EUCOM) and the US Missile Defense Agency (MDA). Ballistic missile defense will be a central focus of the upcoming exercise.
As part of the upcoming exercise, it is reported that the US is expected to permanently station additional US radar systems in Israel, to serve as an early warning network for potential Iranian missile launches. The US is reportedly also seeking to station additional radar sites in Turkey, after the Obama Administration announced that it had cancelled plans to station missile defense radars and missiles in the Czech Republic and Poland. The exercise is expected to take place this coming October, and will involve units from Israel's air force and the US Navy.
News of the wargame was leaked to the pan-Arab daily al-Sharq al-Awsat by Israeli sources.
For my monitor friends who monitor Mossad numbers transmissions (E10), you may have an opportunity to hear some interesting traffic over the next few days. More on these number stations can be found on Simon Mason's website at http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page69.html.
Here is the latest frequency info on E10 transmissions courtesy of the Enigma 2000 Sep 2009 Newsletter.
Frequencies in use (USB/kHz) + Callsigns
Labels: Israeli Defense Forces, Israeli Mossad, US DoD